Quantum Transport in Electronic Nanosystems
Workshop in memory of Albert Schmid and Arkady Aronov
September 20 – 24, 2009, Karlsruhe, Germany
The Workshop will commemorate the 80-th birthday of Albert Schmid and the
70-th birthday of Arkady Aronov. Albert Schmid and Arkady Aronov were outstanding theoretical physicists who made
pathbreaking contributions to condensed matter physics. Their pioneering works on quantum transport theory have largely
determined the development of the field in the last thirty years. Although both of them passed away more than ten
years ago, many of their seminal works remain highly actual to this present day.
Main subjects of the conference
- Disorder and interaction effects in electron systems
- Quantum coherence and interference phenomena
- Quantum localization phase transitions
- Quantum transport far from equilibrium
- Spin-dependent transport phenomena
- Superconducting nanostructures
- Alexander Mirlin (co-chairman)
- Peter Wölfle (co-chairman)
- Rose Schrempp (conference secretary)
- Pavel Ostrovsky
- 31 May 2009 – Application deadline
- 19 Sep 2009 – Arrival
- 20 Sep 2009 – Workshop starts
- 24 Sep 2009 – Workshop ends
- 25 Sep 2009 – Departure
Venue: University of Karlsruhe, Germany
Poster session will be organized for contributed presentations.
A modest conference fee will be charged (tentatively 80 Euro).
Limited support will be available to cover part of the local expenses of the applicants.
Support may be requested via the Application form.
Accommodation (coming soon...)